In February this year I decided 2016 was the year…the year I was going to go out of my comfort zone, open up my home to strangers, and start a blog! My expectation was that my family and friends would read me go on and on about rugs, ikea, and the hundredth lamp I had bought to go in that perfect little corner of the room. Well, my expectations have been far surpassed! The blog world has been lovely and welcoming and I’ve been so inspired by all of you. For those who have stopped to leave a sweet comment, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
One of the great blog peeps I’ve “met”, who has been so sweet and encouraging, is fellow newbie lifestyle blogger Natasha from Natasha in a Nutshell. Please go check her blog out, you won’t be disappointed! It’s the sweetest little piece of the blogosphere where she shares her love of nature, photography, and great design. Her instagram feed is just as lovely with pictures of Colorado countryside, yummy treats, and sweet little furry friends. She’s been so encouraging and inspirational and has nominated me for a newbie blogger award called the Liebster Award! Ever heard of it? Yah, me either…until now!
This award represents the encouraging and supportive nature of those in the blog world. Here we all are, putting ourselves out there in the most vulnerable way to be critiqued, and we have a giant support system to help us on our journey. Women empowering women I tell ya!
This recognition, the Liebster Award, is given by bloggers to new bloggers who inspire them in one way or another. Have you ever seen Legally Blonde? Think of it like the snap cup, distributing warm fuzzies across the internet. How sweet is that!
Here are some of the rules that go along with the Liebster Award!
As part of the nomination, Natasha asked me to answer 10 questions to get to know me a little better. Let’s do this!
Well, there you have it! A little more about the girl behind the blog!
So, here are my nominations for the Liebster Award! I’ve chosen these blogs (mostly decor and lifestyle) because I feel inspired by them or have connected with them in some way. I’m a sucker for great design and photography and all these blogs have those elements! All of them I’ve connected with through Instagram or facebook blog groups.
1. Alicia from Mae Ryan Blog
2. Jen from A Sip of Bliss
3. CoCo from Our Humble Aboden
4. Jean from Sweet Blue Bird Design Co.
5. Nicole from Life on Barrymore
6. Steph from The Cat and the Cactus
7. Jessica from Weekend Renovators
8. Allison Becca Jamie and Micaela from Maybe Tomorrow
9. Sarah from The Lady Hustle Blog
10. Taylor from Living Life Downtown
So, If I nominated you, and you want to follow along with the above rules, then here are your 10 questions!
1. What has been the best/worst part of blogging so far?
2. What is your favorite blog and why?
3. What’s your favorite online store?
4. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten?
5. Kate Spade or Coach?
6. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
7. What do you hope to bring to your blog in the next year?
8. What color describes your personality and why?
9. Describe yourself in 3 words.
10. What is your dream job?
So, there you have it! Thanks so much for the nomination Natasha and thanks to everyone participating. I love the idea of spreading the blog love and filling up our snap cups! Here’s to inspiring others and being inspired.